When life hands you scraps...turn it into art!

Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fairy Fail



Well, not everything can come out right the first time...or the second for that matter! In sticking with my Disney theme I've got going this week, I thought I'd give Cinderella's Fairy Godmother a shot.

My first attempt was cut at a mere 4"...entirely too small for a character with a pencil thin wand as an accessory :/ Here's her stage by stage progress:






After the first cut at 4" failed miserably, I figured if I enlarged her by a whole 2 1/2 inches it'd be a cinch...boy was I mistaken! When trying to cut her eyes & wand, even at 6 1/2 inches, all it created was a bunch of white DUST. I now know that when it comes to characters like this, it's best to use them in a 12x12 layout so you can cut them at full scale. LESSON LEARNED!



Here is the size comparison of the 4" to the 6 1/2"


No comments:

Post a Comment