When life hands you scraps...turn it into art!

Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Slowly but surely

So after a couple of months off, I've finally been able to start crafting again.  Finding the time for a crafty creation is a little more challenging now that I've got two little ones to care for, but I'm happy to report, it's still possible!!!  While I haven't been able to knock out any 2-page layouts YET, I have managed to make a few cards, that I must say, are pretty darn cute!

The first is a birthday card for my brother-in-law, Jeremy, or as my son calls him, "Uncle Mary!"  He just celebrated his 28th birthday last weekend, and this is the doozie of a "man card" I came up with:


The tank was cut 5" from the Boys Will Be Boys Cart, and mounted on brown card stock.  The phrases all came from the Pink by Design "Just 4 Men" stamp set I won in a blog contest...they are GREAT stamps, and so much fun to play around with!

Next up is a Get Well card I made for my dad who just had minor toe surgery.  My dad loves nature, and is really a kid at heart, so it was easy choosing the cart I'd create his card from...Create a Critter.  I chose the squirrel, although some people thought it was a skunk because of my color choices.  You can be the judge ;)

The squirrel was cut at 5" from the Create a Critter cart, and mounted on brown card stock.  The stamp was also from the Pink by Design "Just 4 Men" set.

Last, but surely not least, was an anniversary card to my sister, and her husband for their 6th wedding anniversary.  For my birthday I received the "Tie the Knot" cart, and figured this was the best opportunity to give it a go.  I really loved the "love birds" so I chose colors that would not only compliment each other, but also represent the "man & woman" birds well.


The birds were each cut at 3", and mounted on grey card stock.  I thought that the front looked best with no title on it, just simply understated with LOVE!

Thanks for taking the time to read my latest post...I'm really looking forward to a lot more in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment