When life hands you scraps...turn it into art!

Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Simple & Sweet

Good thing I re-read my last blog post, otherwise I would have totally forgot to post about my sons latest & greatest obsession...APPLE BUTTER!  My company sends out a monthly newsletter, and they feature a new recipe on each one.  This one caught my eye, but I have to admit, I was timid about giving it a go.  It ended up being A LOT of work (for my husband - he volunteered to peel all 3 lbs of apples), but the end result was exactly what the title is...SIMPLE & SWEET!

I couldn't just can the apple butter and give it away all plain, I had to spruce it up a bit.  I stood in line for an entire hour (with my 3 year old in tow) to get 1/2 yard of fabric (which was entirely too much I might add), and came home to assemble the Cricut apples from the Doodlecharms cartridge.  Here is the end result, I was so pleased.  The response from the people who received a jar was the greatest reward, OH, and that my 3 year old was begging for apple butter on EVERYTHING!!!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed this latest post.  I sure do hope to post more of my latest creations...until then, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment